Play Dog Excellent provides dog daycare, boarding, and training services in Red Bank. We are currently hiring for our daycare and kennel services. Job responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Cleaning runs, crates, dishes, and bedding.
- Scooping the play yard, sanitizing equipment, observing proper disposal protocols.
- Light grounds work, including picking up trash, raking, and weeding.
- Supervising play groups, generally 10-20 dogs.
- Caring for overnight guests, including feeding, watering, giving medications, and supervising outdoor time.
- Moving dogs safely between the lobby, play yard, and kennel.
- Quickly and correctly taking off an putting on a wide range of gear, including myriad types of harnesses and collars, slip leads, sweaters, and rain gear.
- Knowing each dog's name, preferences, dietary restrictions, and allergies.
- Understanding group play dynamics, motivation, and boundaries. Knowing the types of behaviors likely to lead to problems, and being able to avert them by staying ahead of them.
Hours are typically:
Morning shift: 7:30am to noon
Afternoon shift: 2pm - 6:30pm
Weekends: 8am to noon and 4-7pm
We are generally flexible on scheduling; however, new employees are expected and required to work weekends and holidays.
Play Dog Excellent
4113 Dayton Blvd
Chattanooga TN 37415
According to experience, but generally starting at $7.75/hour
- This is a physically demanding job, usually covering several miles in a 5-hour shift. You must be able to MOVE!
- This is a job for dog lovers. Not dog likers, dog lovers. You'll be cleaning up urine, feces, vomit daily. And loving it.
- This is a customer service job. Positive attitude, willingness to help, energy, and attention to detail are key.
- This is a professional job. We take great pride in being the very best we can be. This means being great team players and improving every single day.
- No smoking on our grounds. No exceptions. Ever.
- There is no mass transit anywhere near our facility. Reliable transportation is an absolute requirement. No exceptions. Ever, ever, ever.
Still interested? Ok, so here's what you do. Go to this link to download our application:
Alternately, you can stop by and pick one up. Once you've completed the application, you can fax it to us at 1-866-370-7821, scan and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop it by our facility. Our next step will be to review applications and call in qualified applicants for an interview. If you do not hear back from us, we will keep your application on file for 3 months, and be in touch if something comes available in that time.
Thank you for taking the time to read this far. I hope you'll be the right person for our team. We work hard, but the dogs make it awesome!
Bev Eitner, Partner
Play Dog Excellent LLC