You have got to be kidding –
daycare for DOGS?! No way!"
WAY! Life is complicated these days, and our
dogs sometimes get short shrift. Between work, shopping, business trips, vacation, and the occasional trip to the in-laws who are allergic, we often have to leave our dogs alone at home. This can lead to problems, particularly for puppies and adolescents -- and for most breeds, that's up to three years old. Even longer for some Labs! Dogs are social animals, and without the benefit of other
dogs and people to keep them busy, they get bored and lonely, which can lead to anger and destructiveness.
Play Dog Excellent is a safe harbor for your dog while you're out tending to the rest of your life. We'll make sure your dog gets all the exercise, attention, and socialization he needs so that you come home to a clean house (well, it'll be no worse off than you left it anyway!) and a dog that's pleasantly pooped.
Dog daycare is all about.... peace of mind!
DAYCARE RATES: Fees are based on a pre-paid pass plan. Passes are valid for 6 months from the date of purchase. Days do not have to be used consecutively; however, daycare is an ongoing commitment, and dogs are expected to come at least once each week. These prices take effect September 1, 2016:
1-day pass $20.00
5-day pass $95 (save $5.00)
10-day pass $180 (save $20)
20-day pass $320 (save $80)
30-day pass $450 (save $150!)
Family Plan 20% discount for additional dogs from the same household
Half days $12.50 (up to four hours)
Daycare + Boarding $20 for overnight stay
To keep everyone safe, dogs must meet these requirements in order to attend daycare at Play Dog Excellent:
• Daycare dogs must attend at least once per week. Dogs are social animals, and they always have a better time when they know what to expect. Dogs need to be on a regular schedule so that they are familiar with the staff and the other dogs.
• All dogs must complete and pass our evaluation screening.
• Puppies must have completed their 2nd round of inoculations.
• Dogs over 7 months must be spayed (female) or surgically neutered (male) in order to
attend group play. Sorry, but female dogs in heat cannot come at all. Chemical castration is not an acceptable alternative for our purposes.
• All dogs must be current on their vaccinations, including kennel cough (Bordetella), rabies, distemper, parvo.
• Dogs must not be aggressive toward people or other dogs, and must not be protective over food or toys.
• At check-in, dogs must be wearing their own flat (buckle, snap, or martingale) collar with current ID tag.
• Dogs must be walked on-lead from the car into the building; leashes may be removed only when the dog is past the second set of doors. Dayton Blvd is a very busy road and we cannot risk having any dogs hurt or killed.
• All dogs must be on a flea prevention product such as Frontline or Trifexis.
• For safety, we cannot allow Pit Bulls in group play since they tend to be less predictive in their behavior than other breeds. Likewise, we cannot allow wolf hybrids, because their play interactions can differ from fully domesticated canines.
Dogs need structure just like kids, so we organize our day fairly rigorously to keep things flowing smoothly:
Check-in 6:30 - 8:30am
Group play 8:30 - 11:30am
Nap time 11:30 - 2pm
(walks for boarders)
Visiting hours 12:30 - 1:30pm
Group play 2:00 - 5:30pm
Check-out before 6:00pm
We're very proud of our facility, and love to show it off. Please call ahead for an appointment so that we can make arrangements for covering the dogs as well as the front office while we're visiting.
All play groups are full at this time. If you would like to be on the waitlist, please complete the form below.