We know you hate to be away from your dog, we feel exactly the same! But life gets in the way. Business trips, vacations, and family obligations can make it impossible to keep your best friend by your side. So you have to leave for a bit, but what kind of experience do you want your dog to have while you're away?
- Safe, secure, clean accommodations
- The right food and medications at the right time and in the right amount
- Friendly, conscientious, and knowledgeable human helpers
- Special treats and toys
- 3 long off-leash romps each day with interesting things to do and smell
- Spa treatment, including bath, ear cleaning, toenail trim, and expressing those uncomfortable anal glands!
We can do all that and more! You can leave with confidence and peace of mind. Your dog will have a great time with plenty of distractions to keep from worrying about you. When you come back, your friend will happily tell you all about the new and old friends, fabulous service, and captivating entertainment that is just part and parcel of the Play Dog eXperience.
Boarding check-in and check-out hours:
- Monday - Friday 8:00am to 5:30pm
- Saturday - 9am to 11:30am
- Sunday - 6:00pm to 6:30pm
We are usually closed on major holidays, but check our Holiday Hours page for updates.
Sorry! Check-in and/or check-out is not available outside of our published hours.
Reservations are required in order to confirm availability. Call us at 423-870-7740 to reserve your dog's play den!
Play Dog eXcellent is all about... Peace of mind!
Requirements for Boarding @ PDX:
Play Dog Excellent is all about the fun. Our facility works best for dogs who are healthy, happy, friendly, and love to play with other dogs. For everyone's health and safety:
- Must be at least four months old.
- Over 7 months old must be surgically neutered or spayed.
- Must be current on Rabies, Parvo, Distemper, and Kennel Cough innoculations.
- Must be in a good condition and health (no coughing, vomiting, diarrhea 48 hours prior to check-in)
- Must be brought in and out of the facility on a collar and leash. Tiny dogs may be transported in a crate, but if they are carried in, they will need a collar and leash. This is a safety requirement.
Dogs will be checked for fleas and ticks at check-in. Pets with fleas and/or ticks will be treated with medication (Capstar), bath, and/or topical treatment (Frontline Spray or Adams). The cost for treatment (usually $10, but may be more in extreme cases) will be added to the boarding bill.
Please note: we are full for the Memorial Day weekend.
First availability is Tuesday, May 30.
1. RESERVATION: Use the form below, or call us at 423-870-7740 to confirm availability and reserve a spot for your dog's very special vacation.
2. APPLICATION (required only if we do not already have one on file): The Daycare & Boarding application contains administrative information for our front office staff, as well as a liability waiver. We require an application for all dogs that have not stayed with us before.
3. CHECK-IN SHEET (required every visit): The Check-In sheet contains all of the instructions our kennel staff needs to ensure your dog's care and comfort during this stay.
4. CHECK YOUR EMAIL! We will send an email confirmation with a price estimate, our office hours for check-in and check-out, and other important information. Please be sure to read it carefully and let us know if you have any changes or questions.