Pet Owner's Bill of Rights
As a member of Pet Care Services Association (PSCA),
Play Dog Excellent acknowledges and willingly accepts the serious
responsibility involved in the care of your beloved pets. As a part of
that responsibility, we maintain membership in PCSA and are committed to
operating our business in accordance with the PCSA Code of Ethics.
Implicit in this code are the following pledges:
Our Pledge to Your Pets:
- We will care for all pets with kindness and will
place their welfare above all other business considerations.
- We will provide security and safety for all pets in
our care by means of proper facility design, good screening and
handling procedures, and by keeping all pet areas free of potential
- We will maintain a sanitary environment for all
pets in our care.
- We will provide vigilant supervision of all pets by
competent, conscientious personnel and will respond appropriately to
any sign of inappropriate behavior, distress or emergency.
- We will provide individual water containers and
clean water to boarded pets and provide and maintain clean containers
of water for all daycare dogs throughout the day.
- We will ensure an adequate and proper diet is
provided to each pet.
- We will seek veterinary assistance whenever
appropriate. The choice of veterinarian is explained during admission
- We will require proper immunizations for all pets,
as specified in our admission/enrollment procedures.
- We will administer owner-provided or
veterinary-prescribed medication in accordance with instructions.
- We will take appropriate measures to control
parasites within the facility environment.
- We will maintain facility temperatures within
healthful limits, and will take appropriate precautions to protect
boarded pets with special temperature requirements.
- We will provide protection from the elements and
from excessive exposure to the sun, heat and cold for all pets.
- We will provide adequate ventilation to minimize
possible exposure to harmful bacteria or viruses.
- We will provide comfortable levels of light in all
- We will provide individual sleeping areas for
boarded pets, and private areas for daycare dogs when separation from
the playgroup is necessary, all of which are large enough to
accommodate normal postural movements.
- We will provide adequate exercise and play areas,
which are safe, clean and large enough for each pet to exercise and/or
play properly and safety.
- We will deal honestly, fairly and respectfully with
the public, and will put the welfare of pets in our care and service
to our customers above personal gain.
Our Pledge to You:
- We will strive to maintain and advance the
professional competence of our staff by taking advantage of the
educational opportunities available to us.
- We will endeavor to resolve any disputes which
might arise in a fair, amicable and professional manner.
- We will honor our commitments to our customers,
whether they are made in our advertising, or in person, and will
avoid inaccurate or misleading claims about the care which we
- We will respect the confidential nature of our
business/client relationship and will not release client information
to unauthorized individuals.
If at any time you should feel that we have not lived
up to these commitments, we sincerely urge you to bring the matter to
our attention, or to the attention of the PCSA Ethics Committee at:
1702 East Pikes Peak
Avenue, Colorado Springs, CO 80909
Tollfree: (877) 570-7788