Code of Ethics
In order to fulfill our obligations to the animals in
our care, to our customers, to the pet care services industry, and to
our community, both our business and our personal life must be governed
by honorable standards. Therefore we solemnly pledge:
- To provide conscientious care for the animals
entrusted to us, being constantly attentive to their security, safety,
and wellbeing, and to place their welfare above all other business
- To take every opportunity to learn more about our
profession and to improve our services.
- To deal honestly and fairly with the public, and to
avoid misrepresentation of our services.
- To respect the confidence of every customer served.
- To place service to our customers and to the pet
care services industry above personal gain.
- To avoid unfair competitive practices, any slander
or defamation of our competitors, and actions or business practices
which would result in dishonor upon or distrust of our competitors or
of the pet care services industry in general.
- To be respectful of, and to cooperate with the
other professions and trades which operate within the pet industry, in
every way consistent with our other responsibilities.
- To obey all applicable Federal, State and local
laws governing animal care and business practices.
- To operate our business in such a manner as to
reflect honor upon the pet care services industry within our local
- To encourage responsible pet ownership, and to
increased awareness and acceptance of humane and noble animal
Excellent, Member, Association of Pet Care Services Association